the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Friday, April 27, 2001
Ever heard of a composer named "Kabalevsky"? He is from the same era as Shostacovich and Rostropovich, and you just can tell it's from the Soviet Union period, when you hear his work. I'm working on Kabalevsky's cello sonata, op.71 in b flat major(although it is hardly major sounding) and it is the most violent piece of work for cello and piano I have ever encountered, so far-- It is very beautiful also, and it is such a wonder that it is not performed so often. In fact, I had never heard of the composer's name even, until my teacher showed me the score of the sonata, raving on and on about the piece. It is a very effective piece. I am pretty close to have it put together, and I can't wait to play it with piano in a concert! This is a piece I would very very much enjoy playing...ON STAGE that is. I think -- regularity in life is essential. However, being in the same environment every single day, with no changes or refreshment, one is inclined to get into trouble...I am glad I will have more "activities" outside next year. Concert date drawing near..... I want to enjoy myself, SO BAD. OKAY, so is any good movie on TV tonight? I just feel like kicking back on the couch and relaxing, watching TV. I wanna RELAAAAX!!!! I deserve it dammit!!! lol By now you could tell I'm pretty much goin' crazy tonight...ok, peace everyone...that's it for the night. posted by the stradgirl* on 22:22| |
||||||||