the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Saturday, January 19, 2002
I made a trip this week to visit one of the schools I am auditioning for, and listen to what happened to me and my cello AND my cello case on this trip to Boston...
I was supposed to leave Toronto by a 9 40 flight, and when I was checking in they told me their tiny plane could not fit my cello case in the cargo space. So they booked my mom and me a new flight with a different airlines, which was scheduled to leave at 1 30. I was so frustrated because I was supposed to be IN BOSTON AT THE SCHOOL by 2!!! At least they had the conscience to cover the extra cost for us. So I left a message on the teacher's answering machine that I would be late, but would make it to our lesson which was scheduled at 5 o'clock. Now I had to kill time until 1 30, but I decided to be nice to myself and just relax and sleep.. and around 12, they made an announcement that the 1 30 flight had been cancelled due to the weather problems in Boston, which was getting snow. .... I was really crying.. almost.. I called the teacher and explained the situation AGAIN.. and now I had to wait for a 3 40 flight. So from 9 o'clock in the morning, I wasted SEVEN freaking hours WAITING at the airport. Is that the dumbest thing you can ever imagine or what? The teacher was very nice, however, telling me not to worry about anything, and to eat some lunch, relax, and get there any time when i could. When I finally GOT there, and thought everything was FINALLY over, I received my cello which I had checked in in Toronto--and....my case had a small rock size crack in the back that was almost like a HOLE, and was scratched ALL OVER, the case itself was half open (could not close it properly until I discovered the locking switches had been distorted by some sort of pressure on the side), the strings were all undone and thank god the bridge hadn't been knocked off. They handled it so roughly that the strap had fallen off as well.. I was so angry but there's nothing I could do about it, other than filling out a stupid dammaged baggage claim form. I used to buy a seat for my cello, but last time I got into so much trouble on the plane that I decided to put it in the cargo for this trip. I've already bought tickets for my trips for auditions in the future, and I don't want to travel by bus or car either.. I'm thinking about getting a super hard travelling case that looks like a white coffin (that popular one..) but I'm not sure if I could feel safe about that either. I'm so worried about what might happen when I will be flying all over the place for my auditions later. I can't afford to buy tickets my cello for multiple flights... The rest of the trip was fantastic, it was wonderful experience. I watched a masterclass and lessons of him with different students, and I also got to play for him myself and get some feedback. I'm happy I'm back home though.. now I have exams waiting for me! posted by the stradgirl* on 16:55| |
||||||||