the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Monday, March 25, 2002
I've been so sick sine last week. Um.. I'm a little bit better now, physically. Of course, I am as stressed out as ever.. making up for a 3 week long absence cannot be so simple, by any means, right?? Unless the teachers go crazy and waive all the work for me...cuz I'm cute, or something like that. :o Yeah, yeah. Today I have to finish catching up on...the Trigonometry chapter. I finished 9.1~9.4 textbook work, and I'll have to do the 9.4 handout questions, and get the 9.5 textbook work done. It will not take too long. The big one (although it doesn't really intimidate me) is the Modern Western Civilization worksheet, with extensive reading and several questions on Saint Simon and Fourier, etc., those utopians, early socialists.
Stuff to be handed in: 1. Position paper on the efficiency of Marxism 2. Film Review on the old version of Frankenstein Okay.. I thought there was more.. um, yes. 3. Limerick on Frankenstein the book. This stupid little thing is bothering me. I've never liked writing in a set number of syllables or on a given topic..although the latter has been rather forced upon me since I entered school. Yuck! If someone could write it for me (it's only FIVE lines anyway, and can be as obnoxious as..a piece of cheese.) or help me do it, it will be greatly appreciated. Yes, I mean YOU! The first two are due on the same day.. Friday, April 5th, and I'm leaving for a competition on April 4th. Conclusion: I must hand them in before April 4th. That is only about a week from now. On top of that, I have the Independenst Study Unit for both English and Economics..which will be worth 20% of the total, end-of-the-year mark; meaning, I have to get them done perfectly. I thought I was caught up on Math, but clearly, even when I'm done with catching up on chapter 9 I still haven't finished the previous chapter, logarhithms, which totally throws me off because I've never seen it before this year. Finite seems pretty easy, some probabilities and calculating the odds, more like a silly game; but it also takes time even TO PLAY A GAME. Economics? I am mostly putting it on the back burner for now.. as usual, the teacher hasn't gone over much during the 3 weeks I was missing. Bah. I will have to fight with him tomorrow if I got an "un"helping mark on the exam (one that lowers my previous mark) because it was.. a piece of...... trash, to put it mildly. I mean, the exam was. He really couldn't be bothered to write a decent exam for us. Obviously, he likes kids etc., but he is plain LAZY. I wonder how he even passed his schools. He just took last year's exam, which was written by a different teacher who has retired from the school, and stuck in his own 2~3 questions between the existing questions. The numbers were all messed up, and from the sudden occurrence of millions of typos, his own questions were distinctly seperatable from the rest of the exam. To be honest, 50% of the exam was material we did not ONCE even MENTION in the class. What did I feel like when I first got the exam and skimmed through it? Kill him. Kill the lasy, lazy *SS!! I cannot understand. I figured it would be bad, from his unhelpful and meandering lectures, but not THIS bad. Like I said, it was a piece of... trash. To put it mildly. Anyway, that's how it is with economics, and I'm just resting it in the basement until the weekend. Yeah..weekends can cover anything and everything, oh, the all mighty power of weekends! But there is no way I can do this all at once.. I will have to talk to my English teacher so I can get an extension on that Film Review assignment on that stuuuuupid "movie", which is more like a bad cartoon. Whew.. lots of negativity here. But that's what you get when you have missed 3 weeks of school, and have been crazy sick for a week after that! Wait.. I still feel like I'm missing something.. OH Yes, AMERICAN HISTORY!!!! Easy course, but still, I have a few small questions on a worksheet that need to be finished. Like, FINISHED. I don't owe any assignment to the teacher, though. I was the only one in class with a completed assignment on the first day I showed up after my long absence! So, back to organizing today's workload... today, get math out of the way first, quick and easy, just use some brain, pay attention to the detail, not everything has to be perfect because I have a meeting with my math teacher tomorrow and I can ask him. Forget about Finite for now.. is that really the only class I have??? Finite??? (I haven't really got accustomed to the 2nd semester schedule, since I was hardly ever at school since we got the new time table) OH. I have math tomorrow. Okay. So, no worries. Just finish up the math, and do half of the Mod West reading and questions, and that's enough for tonight. I couldn't even get done any more. I also have to practice. My competition is coming up in 10 days. That is NOT a lot of time. ARGH. posted by the stradgirl* on 15:32| |
||||||||