the enchanter
 
 

the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL.



Home

Archives:
2001/04 - 2001/05 2001/05 - 2001/06 2001/06 - 2001/07 2001/07 - 2001/08 2001/08 - 2001/09 2001/09 - 2001/10 2001/10 - 2001/11 2001/11 - 2001/12 2001/12 - 2002/01 2002/01 - 2002/02 2002/02 - 2002/03 2002/03 - 2002/04 2002/05 - 2002/06 2002/06 - 2002/07 2002/07 - 2002/08 2002/10 - 2002/11 2002/11 - 2002/12 2002/12 - 2003/01 2003/01 - 2003/02 2003/02 - 2003/03 2003/03 - 2003/04 2003/04 - 2003/05 2003/05 - 2003/06 2003/06 - 2003/07 2003/08 - 2003/09 2003/09 - 2003/10 2003/10 - 2003/11 2003/11 - 2003/12 2003/12 - 2004/01 2004/01 - 2004/02 2004/02 - 2004/03 2004/03 - 2004/04 2004/04 - 2004/05 2004/05 - 2004/06 2004/06 - 2004/07 2004/07 - 2004/08 2004/08 - 2004/09 2004/09 - 2004/10 2004/10 - 2004/11 2004/11 - 2004/12 2004/12 - 2005/01 2005/01 - 2005/02 2005/07 - 2005/08 2006/05 - 2006/06 2006/08 - 2006/09 2006/09 - 2006/10 2006/10 - 2006/11 2006/11 - 2006/12 2006/12 - 2007/01 2007/01 - 2007/02 2007/02 - 2007/03 2007/04 - 2007/05 2007/06 - 2007/07 2007/08 - 2007/09 2007/09 - 2007/10 2007/10 - 2007/11 2007/11 - 2007/12
< ? bostonites #>



Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist

All Products
Books
Classical Music
DVD
Search by keywords:
In Association with Amazon.com

Technorati Profile

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Friday, May 16, 2003

An Excerpt from A Letter to A Friend...

"...WOW I just realized how freaking LONG this summer vacation is! It's
crazy. My family moves on the 27th, so, 10 days from now.. and then I
have like a whole month before I go to the summer camp. What the hell
am I going to do, without taking lessons etc?! I have confidence in
myself but this is like the first time I'm going so long without any
instruction from a teacher. It's really kind of scary. But I have a
large repertoire to learn, so I am going to be able to keep myself
busy. I am excited about this summer camp very very much. I want it
to be a real opportunity for me to grow a lot both in technique and
repertoire.. I kind of feel like this is a really important summer
for me. Once school starts I can't REALLY focus on refining my
technique, it's more like learning pieces, and I know for a fact that
my teacher talks less and less about technique as the student gets
older.. that's the scary thing about him - he's a very hands-off kind
of a teacher and doesn't go after you to make sure you are doing all
the right stuff that he's already told you many times.. the way he is
is, if you don't seem to work hard to get it after what he considers
to have been a sufficient amount of time, then he kind of moves on..
just making the best out of whatever you turned out to be so you can
just be a decent player. And that's NOT what I want!! I want to go as
far as I can go, I don't want my teacher to reduce his expectations
for me, if anything I want him to push me more - I don't want him to
give up on me like he does with most kids, I don't want him to lose
faith in me, ever.

Whoo.. that was a heated moment on my part.. :D
Yeah.. I'm really crazy about it like this.. :P.."

posted by the stradgirl* on 23:25|