the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Monday, June 16, 2003
Tofu Stew and Mom
...on a theme continued from the Masefield quotation Tofu stew, one of the spiciest Korean dishes, is my mother's favourite stew; but since I started eating regular food (as opposed to breast milk) with her she didn't make it for 7 years, until my stomach grew strong enough to take spicy food. That, is motherly love. (She started making it again when I turned 10 and it's become one of my favourite dishes as well, though through the last few years I've developed stomach problems and now can't deal with strong spices very well. But she made it today, which I had for lunch, and it was really good.) Banana Bread ...adventures and dreams of baking continued...and squashed I've been wanting to make a banana loaf for so long and today I was determined to bake one. I need two bananas to make this, but as I started gathering the ingredients I realized that my mom had eaten one of the only two bananas that we had left from last week!!! You can imagine my disappointment. My banana bread, out the window!!! Of course, this also means that I no longer need to buy buttermilk or lemon either, to the delight of my lazy butt (though of course very tight from all the treadmill-ing, thank you). Now I am contemplating making oven dried orange slices since that's the only kind of fruit fit for cooking in the household. And um.. for those of you who have dined at the NEC cafeteria.. here's the quotation of the day: "Everybody loves Banana!!!" :P posted by the stradgirl* on 12:58| |
||||||||