the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Monday, August 11, 2003
I found an intersting blog today which contains a link to this crazy 20 Questions game against a computer. I would never have guessed that it could come up with something specific like "cello," so I was even modifying my object to the less specific "musical instrument"; but then the computer nailed it in 19 questions..and I wasn't even giving the right answer for a lot of the questions. Here's the course of the amazing phenomenon:
1. It is classified as Other. 2. Does it have a hard outer shell? No. 3. Do you hold it when you use it? Yes. 4. Is it usually colorful? No. 5. Is it straight? No. 6. Is it comforting? Irrelevant. 7. Is it soft? No. 8. Can it bend without breaking? No. 9. Can it affect you (cause an effect to you)? Yes. 10. Can it be used more than once? Yes. 11. Is it hard? Partly. 12. Can you smell it? Maybe. 13. Is it something you bring along? Yes. 14. Can it be used for recreation? Yes. 15. Do you use it in your home? Sometimes. 16. Can you use it at school? Sometimes. 17. Is it considered valuable? Yes. 18. Does it come in a box? No. 19. Can you play games with it? No. I am guessing that it is a cello(bass violin)? Yes , No , Close Yes, yes yes yes! And the smart computer explains to stupid old me how it figured it all out. You were thinking of a cello. Does it have a hard outer shell? You said No, I say Yes. Is it comforting? You said Irrelevant, I say Yes. Can you smell it? You said Maybe, I say No. Contradictions Detected It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Similar Objects a tuba, a harp, an idea, a dulcimer, poetry, a record (before CD's), champagne (sparkling wine), a cymbal, an alto saxophone, a katana, lighter fluid, a gun. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Uncommon Knowledge about a cello Does it come from something larger? I say Probably. Is it tapered? I say Yes. Is it clear? I say Probably. Can you find it in a church? I say Yes. Can it be painted? I say Yes. Is it more valuable than silver? I say Probably. Is it something that you build? I say Yes. Is it independent? I say Yes. Can it float? I say Yes. Does it come in different colors? I say Probably. Is it a specific color? I say Yes. Can it scratch? I say Yes. Is it brown? I say Yes. Is it originally from Europe? I say Yes. Does it come from a plant? I say Yes. Is it inorganic? I say No. I say it's a crazy world. To play this game : http://y.20q.net:8095/btest?SoFpNQui2fi4mMmJF,QZx And today I also came across a bunch of beautiful high schoolers' blogs: read this cute little 15-year-old's blog, My Indigo Stripe. I hope she grows up to be a beautiful artist that she dreams to be. :) and also, her friends' blogs: esotericrabbit.blogspot.com - the blog I originally landed on and then found the indigo stripe one through http://www.boytoworld.blogspot.com/ http://nakedwriting.com/ filmic delusions All of them are into filmmaking, it seems. And some cool blogs of "adult" writers and filmmakers for you to check out: http://maudnewton.com/blog/?cat=2 http://www.greg.org/ http://www.cynthiaharrison.com/ http://davebarry.blogspot.com/ http://www.geocities.com/cdeemer/ http://christdied4this.com/ Plays and Musicals And a funny blog: http://www.iworkwithfools.com/ I believe all these blogs are quite worth your time. That is, if you'd be idling away on the internet anyway. :) posted by the stradgirl* on 12:53| |
||||||||