the enchanter |
|||||||||
the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL. Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist
Technorati Profile |
Friday, August 15, 2003
So, Toronto was power-less for 26 hours. Apparently this is the biggest blackout in North American history. Eh.. so I guess it has been the one historical moment that I actually lived through, haha. Maybe one day I could proudly tell my grandchildren about this. lol Eh.. look what our mayor had to say about "enjoyable" ways to kill time: "I guess in nine months, we're going to see the biggest baby boom we've ever seen." Haha.. yeah that's our mayor, man. LOL
About an hour ago we got it back, and boy what fun/agony has it been. I was most agonized by being unable to finish listening to the recorded rehearsal from yesterday. By the time I got through the first half of it my MD player ran out of battery. Insensitive one, knowing how I was dying to listen to the rest. ANYway, today I tried to practice ALL DAY, with no air conditioning - which was actually fine because our apartment's very cool - yes pun intended - and I wasn't even sweating for a moment - but both my bowhair and strings are so old now that I couldn't play a single phrase with connected sound. It's been this way for a while now but I've been trying to hold out for as long as I could... which was plain stupid because bad sound is the root of NUMEROUS EVIL problems since I instinctively try to compensate for the loss in the quality of my sound by doing many unnecessary things, all the while being mentally stressed out and emotionally frustrated. Anyway, so I changed strings today, which made things a little better (it's usually supposed to be much better, but what with my bow in such a pathetic state, it didn't make as much difference); I was also supposed to get my bow rehaired today but because of the blackout, my appointment was cancelled. GRR. Anyway, I'm glad power's back now. The first thing I did when I got the power back? Listen to the rest of the rehearsal, of course. :) Did it sound any good? No, not so good.. haha.. but I should make it better in the little time that's left until the actual recording. posted by the stradgirl* on 19:05| |
||||||||