the enchanter
 
 

the candid effusion of the enchanting cellist, the stradgirl, THE GIRL.



Home

Archives:
2001/04 - 2001/05 2001/05 - 2001/06 2001/06 - 2001/07 2001/07 - 2001/08 2001/08 - 2001/09 2001/09 - 2001/10 2001/10 - 2001/11 2001/11 - 2001/12 2001/12 - 2002/01 2002/01 - 2002/02 2002/02 - 2002/03 2002/03 - 2002/04 2002/05 - 2002/06 2002/06 - 2002/07 2002/07 - 2002/08 2002/10 - 2002/11 2002/11 - 2002/12 2002/12 - 2003/01 2003/01 - 2003/02 2003/02 - 2003/03 2003/03 - 2003/04 2003/04 - 2003/05 2003/05 - 2003/06 2003/06 - 2003/07 2003/08 - 2003/09 2003/09 - 2003/10 2003/10 - 2003/11 2003/11 - 2003/12 2003/12 - 2004/01 2004/01 - 2004/02 2004/02 - 2004/03 2004/03 - 2004/04 2004/04 - 2004/05 2004/05 - 2004/06 2004/06 - 2004/07 2004/07 - 2004/08 2004/08 - 2004/09 2004/09 - 2004/10 2004/10 - 2004/11 2004/11 - 2004/12 2004/12 - 2005/01 2005/01 - 2005/02 2005/07 - 2005/08 2006/05 - 2006/06 2006/08 - 2006/09 2006/09 - 2006/10 2006/10 - 2006/11 2006/11 - 2006/12 2006/12 - 2007/01 2007/01 - 2007/02 2007/02 - 2007/03 2007/04 - 2007/05 2007/06 - 2007/07 2007/08 - 2007/09 2007/09 - 2007/10 2007/10 - 2007/11 2007/11 - 2007/12
< ? bostonites #>



Stradgirl's Amazon.com Wishlist

All Products
Books
Classical Music
DVD
Search by keywords:
In Association with Amazon.com

Technorati Profile

This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.

Monday, December 15, 2003

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

- Aristotle


So yeah. That's that, but I am so really stressed out. Today I was on my way to mail my application for a music camp to which I had decided to go at the last minute. The deadline is tdoay. I needed to get a bank draft of twenty five pounds to send along with my application, so I went to my bank, and asked them to get me a draft in pounds. Guess what they told me?! I NEED AT LEAST A DAY TO GET IT!!! YES, you heard me. Dah. GARRGH. And then there is the recommendation letter issue. This one professor with whom I am trying to get in touch is out of town. Thankfully he is associated with the camp itself so I assume getting in his letter late must be less fatal than the application says. They do accept late applications, but of course, I lose priority. Oh well.. what can I do? I couldn't help it because I didn't think I would apply until just before the weekend.. But yeah, the moment I heard that I had to wait for the bank draft, my whole morning/early afternoon was pretty much ruined... I ate a crappy little something in the caf and had coffee. My original plan was to mail this darn thing as well as a package to my friend, and eat, and start studying, but oh well, look what I've got now.

Geee... well but I learned about a few things so that's good.. such as the fact that bank drafts take 1~3 business days to process, and if I find a good opportunity, not to hold back until the last minute but to go for it whether or not I think I'll make it. Anyway. But damn, the service charge alone cost a lot. oh well.. such is life, stradgirl. In the end none of this would be a serious matter in my life in retrospect. The important thing is that I learned something today.

And as far as what I have already learned in my music history class, yes, I should just go and show it all off on my two-hour-long exam. It will be a fun experience. I hope I feel good and well after this exam so I can start on my philosophy paper rather immediately.

As for the quotation above, it's got nothing to do with what I've just written, as you might have noticed; I just found it somewhere and thought it was a cool statement. Yeah. Speaking of which... nope, the truly interesting thing has not arrived here yet. :) Look for it in the next.. couple weeks I say.


Life is quite stressful.. er. I still can't complain. It's better to have an exam in Music History than, say, in astrophysics or something. Right, Thayne? :)

posted by the stradgirl* on 13:44|